Corefix 120 Dot and Dab Wall Fixings are the trusted heavy-duty dot and dab wall fixing solution. With a 120mm screw length, the Corefix 120 is ideal for securing deeper fixtures of between 10mm and 30mm thick, such as timber battens, shelves and cabinets. Using 4 of these fixings will provide up to 100kg safe working load.
For shallower fixtures up to 10mm thick, we suggest using the Corefix 100 Dot and Dab Wall Fixing. This has a shorter 100mm screw length.
Dot and dab walls comprise of a solid wall with plasterboard stuck on to it using “dabs” of adhesive. This creates a small void (usually around 10-20mm) in the wall. Corefix is the engineered plasterboard fixing that bridges this void between board and wall. This means that the fixing uses the masonry as the anchor point to achieve superb load values.
Corefix 120 Dot and Dab Wall Fixing Advantages
- Easy to install – no special tools required
- A patented system that includes an engineered steel core, which bridges the cavity and transfers the load to the blockwork behind
- 100kg safe working load using 4 fixings
- 120mm screw length
- 30mm maximum fixture depth
- 45mm maximum plasterboard and cavity depth
- You will need a 10mm masonry drill bit to install the Corefix wall fixing
If you are unsure what type of wall you have, check out our blog post what type of wall do I have? for some tips and advice on how to identify your wall type.