The fischer PDM Metal Plasterboard Wall Plug is a self tapping fixing for use in gypsum plasterboard and gypsum fibreboard. No pre-drilling is necessary, resulting in a quick and straightforward installation process. The sharp metal thread means that the fixing easily cuts through the board material, until it sits flush with the board. Pan headed screws are supplied as standard. The PDM is suitable for lighter duty applications, such as lighting and pictures.
fischer PDM Plasterboard Wall Plug Advantages
- The fischer PDM is compatible with the most wide-ranging screws, hooks and eye screws. (Supplied as standard with fischer pan headed screws.)
- The sharp, self-tapping thread enables a secure, positive fit fixing. This achieves a high load-bearing capacity.
- The cross-drive recess means that a standard screwdriver or bit can be used. Therefore no special setting tool is necessary.
- The short fixing length means that only a small amount of space is necessary behind the board. As a result, the PDM is also appropriate for use in the case of unknown board thickness and cavity depth.
fischer PDM Plasterboard Wall Plug Functioning
- The PDM is suitable for pre-positioned installation.
- The self-tapping metal fixing PDM taps itself into the plasterboard with a positive fit.
- Flush installation in the board building material. Overtightening the fixing should be avoided.
- Adapted for wood, self-tapping and chipboard screws of 4.0 to 5.0 mm diameter.
- Pre-drill with a Ø 8 mm drill bit when using gypsum fibreboard and double-planked gypsum plasterboard.
- Not suitable for tiled plasterboard.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer PDM within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Suitable for: Gypsum plasterboard 9.5mm-12.5mm | Gypsum fibreboard
Pictures | Lighting | Electrical Installations |Fitting Accessories
Max. recommended weight 7kg in 12.5mm plasterboard