GripIt Fixings have unique slim gripping wings, which fold out in the gap behind the plasterboard to create one of the most effective and secure fixings on the market today. Available in varying sizes, the GripIt 25mm Plasterboard Fixing (Blue) is designed for heavier loads. For example, boilers, radiators, kitchen cabinets and televisions with fixed brackets.
If the GripIt is too wide for your application, such as a slimline floating shelf, try the fischer DuoTec Plasterboard Toggle Fixing.
GripIt 25mm Plasterboard Fixing Advantages
- Easy to fit.
- Reusable fittings.
- The design spreads the load over twice the diameter of the fixing. This therefore ensures the even distribution of any stresses over a wide area.
- GripIt 25mm (Blue) holds up to 113kg (safe static shear load).
- Comes with GripIt M8 x 30mm Fixing Bolts.
- The GripIt 25mm Plasterboard Fixing (Blue) is suitable for use in 9.5mm to 15mm thick plasterboard.
- Mark the location, drill the hole using the recommended size flat bit and tap in the GripIt. Push in the insert with a screwdriver and a simple twist spreads the GripIt wings behind the board.
- Minimum spacing between GripIts (centres) is 100mm.
- If you encounter double thickness plasterboard or dot and dab adhesive, an undercutting tool accessory will create a recess for the wings to rotate into place.
If you are unsure what type of wall you have, check out our blog post what type of wall do I have? for some tips and advice on how to identify your wall type.