The fischer DuoPower wall plug is the perfect choice if you are unsure what type of wall you have, or if you have various wall types in your home and do not want to buy a different wall plug for each.
The DuoPower’s clever design means it automatically adjusts to the appropriate wall type, by either expanding, folding or knotting. As a result, you can be assured of the best hold no matter the application. (Please see the “Installation Examples” and “Video” tabs above for some visual examples of this.) Therefore it is suitable for installing in building materials such as concrete, brick, plasterboard, stone and chipboard.
The DuoPower is part of fischer’s DuoLine range of wall plugs. For more information on the complete range, please see our buying guide Why Choose the fischer DuoLine Wall Plug Range?.
fischer DuoPower Wall Plug Advantages
- Two component materials for top load values and intelligent functioning depending on the substrate.
- Great feedback (feel-good factor) of the plug. You can feel exactly when the plug is installed perfectly.
- The short plug length ensures fast fixing without deep drilling.
- No slipping in the drill hole thanks to the plug’s narrow rim.
- The serrated sides of the plug prevent rotation in the drill hole during fitting.
- The DuoPower sizes 6 x 50, 8 x 65 and 10 x 80 have a greater anchorage depth. This means that the plug especially suits fixings in hollow building materials, aerated concrete and to bridge plaster.
Fischer DuoPower Wall Plug Functioning
- The DuoPower is suitable for pre-positioned and push-through installation.
- The required screw length is – plug length + fixture thickness + 1x the screw diameter.
- Suitable for wood and chipboard screws, as well as stud screws.
- In the case of fixing boards, the threadless part of the screw must not be longer than the fixture.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer DuoPower within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Concrete | Solid brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Aerated concrete | Vertically perforated brick | Perforated sand-lime brick | Plasterboard | Gypsum plasterboard and gypsum fibreboards | Hollow blocks made from lightweight concrete | Cavity floor slabs made from bricks and concrete or similar | Natural stone | Chipboard | Solid panel made from gypsum | Solid brick made from lightweight concrete
TV consoles | Lighting | Shelves | Mirror cabinets | Letter boxes | Pictures | Fixing blinds | Curtain rails | Wash basin fixings | Plumbing and heating fixings | Bath and toilet installations | Wall cabinets | Range hood