The fischer UX R wall plug is referred to as a universal wall plug for good reason. It is suitable for use in all solid, hollow and board building materials. This includes brick, hollow concrete blocks and plasterboard, for example.
The plug’s high quality nylon design operates cleverly by either knotting or expanding, depending on the material. By expanding in solid material and knotting in hollow material, this ensures maximum hold no matter the scenario. Therefore the fischer UX R is the safe, reliable wall plug to use, even when you’re unsure of what material you’re fixing into.
fischer UX R Universal Wall Plug Advantages
- The universal operating principle (knotting or expanding) allows for use in all solid, hollow and board building materials. Thus the UX is the correct choice for unknown base materials.
- The UX’s angled connection ridges allow for optimum screw guidance.
- Serrated anti-rotation locks prevent rotation in the drill hole. This guarantees the greatest possible installation safety.
fischer UX R Functioning
- The UX R (with rim) is suitable for pre-positioned installation.
- Turning in the screw causes the UX to expand in the solid building material and to knot within the cavity.
- The required screw length is given by the plug length + fixture thickness + 1 x screw diameter.
- Suitable for wood and chipboard screws, as well as stud screws.
- In the case of board building materials, the threadless part of the screw must not be longer than the fixture, and you should use the UX R (with rim). The edge distance must be at least one plug length.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer UX R Universal Wall Plug within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Concrete | Gypsum plasterboard and gypsum fibreboards | Vertically perforated brick | Hollow blocks made from lightweight concrete | Cavity floor slabs made from bricks and concrete | Perforated sand-lime brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Natural stone | Aerated concrete | Chipboard | Solid panel made from gypsum | Solid brick made from lightweight concrete | Solid brick
Pictures | Lighting | Skirting | Light cabinets | Towel rails | Mirror cabinets | Curtain rails | Wash basin fixings | TV consoles | Plumbing and heating fixings