The fischer Power-Fast II Wood Screws are a general purpose, fast cut wood screw for connecting solid wood parts, as well as metal parts, to wood. They are an economical alternative in comparison to Spax and Reisser brands. Key features include a blue passivated zinc plating, countersunk head and cross drive PZ. Screw lengths up to 50mm come with a full thread and over 50mm lengths with a partial thread.
Use these wood screws for first and second fix timber installations, roofing and joinery. They can also be used in conjunction with fischer wall plugs for the mounting of hardware.
fischer Power-Fast II Wood Screws Advantages
- The screw geometry of the Power-Fast II enables fast applications.
- Installation is easy, comfortable and flexible.
- The chipboard screw has significantly reduced splitting behaviour in comparison with standard chipboard screws.
- The Power-Fast II with high performance wax coating reduces screw-in torque and allows smooth installation.
- The blue passivated zinc plating does not contain chrome VI and is therefore environmentally friendly.
fischer Power-Fast II Wood Screws Functioning
- fischer recommend full thread screws (lengths up to 50mm) for mounting thin parts and less firm wood materials (e.g. soft woods).
- Screws with partial threads (lengths over 50mm) can lock wood parts into place by tightening them against each other.
- Screws with countersunk head can be flush mounted with the wood.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer wood screws within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Solid wood parts (soft wood and hard wood) | Glued-laminated timber | Cross-laminated timber | Veneer laminated timber | Similar glued wood components and woodbased panels
- For use in load-bearing wooden constructions.
- For the connection of solid wood parts as well as glued laminated timber, cross laminated timber, etc.
- For metal parts to wood, e.g. metal fittings, angles, beam shoes and other metal and wood connections.
- Suitable for use with fischer plugs and recommended loads.