The fischer DuoTec Plasterboard Toggle Fixing is a premium, heavy duty fixing for plasterboard, drywall and wooden panels. Choose from two sizes; the DuoTec 10, which requires a 10mm drill hole and the DuoTec 12, which requires a 12mm drill hole. The nylon toggle has two significant benefits. Firstly, it is short, which means it works well even in narrow or insulated cavities. Secondly, the narrow toggle has a small visible footprint. Therefore it is ideal to use with slimline items, like a floating shelf.
The fischer DuoTec is also easy to install; the toggle inserts into the drill hole horizontally and then automatically snaps back into its vertical position behind the plasterboard. Therefore the fixing will not fall through the drill hole, even without a screw. The white sleeve then slides along the grey tab to the wall, to secure the toggle. The grey tab excess is then redundant and can be simply snapped off.
If you hit a timber batten or stud during installation, you can screw into the end of the DuoTec fixing and it adapts to work as an expansion plug. This means it also works in other solid material such as concrete.
The DuoTec is part of fischer’s DuoLine range of wall plugs. For more information on the complete range, please see our buying guide Why Choose the fischer DuoLine Wall Plug Range?.
fischer DuoTec Plasterboard Toggle Fixing Advantages
- Flexible screw mount allows for the use of wood, chipboard and metric screws, as well as hooks with different thread shapes.
- Glass fibre-reinforced plastics and a metal skeleton insert (fischer DuoTec 12) allow the toggle to handle heavy tensile and transverse loads in all panel building materials.
- Soft grey nylon contact surface distributes the load over the panel surface, thereby minimising weakening of the supporting building material.
- White flush sleeve with snap function allows the plug to be pre-installed quickly and securely in the drill hole.
- With scale on the grip strap (fischer DuoTec 12) for determining the required screw length (scale value + 20 mm).
fischer DuoTec Plasterboard Toggle Fixing Functioning
- The fischer DuoTec is designed for pre-positioned installation.
- Simple installation with a standard diameter 10mm (Duotec 10) or 12mm (Duotec 12) drill bit.
- The short toggle element makes it suitable for narrow and even with mineral wool insulated cavities. Note the length of the toggle element!
- Functions like an expansion plug in solid building materials such as concrete or wood. Note, not with metric screws!
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer DuoTec within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Suitable for: Gypsum plasterboard | Gypsum fibreboard | Wooden panels, such as OSB boards, chipboard, MDF sheets | Steel plates | Plastic boards | Hollow blocks made from concrete | Also functioning in: Solid materials, such as concrete and wood.
Kitchen hanging cabinets | Living room cabinets | Shelves | Wardrobes | Handrails | Pictures | Mirrors | Lamps | Heavy hanging baskets