The fischer Sanitary Silicone DSSI is suitable for sealing connection and expansion joints in sanitary and kitchen applications. The silicone has 20% elasticity and fungicidal properties, which result in a high resistance to moisture, weather influences and ageing. It is characterised by its ease of use and good adhesion spectrum to a range of surfaces, from stainless steel to ceramics.
fischer Sanitary Silicone DSSI Advantages
- The 20% elasticity means that the DSSI is ideal for expansion and connection joints. This guarantees long-lasting jointing.
- The very good hold on smooth surfaces, e.g. tiles, prevents damp forming in the substrate and guarantees reliable functioning.
- The fungicidal properties ensure a clean look over the long term.
fischer Sanitary Silicone DSSI Functioning
- Chemical base: 1-component silicone acetate
- Permanently elastic
- With fungicide
- Skin formation time: approx. 10 – 15 minutes
- Processing temperature: +5 °C to +40 °C
- Temperature resistance: -40 °C to +150 °C
- Shore-A hardness 25
- 100% Modulus 0.4 N/mm²
- Elongation at break 450%
- Good chemical resistance
- Not paintable
- Very good resistance to weather, ageing and UV
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer Sanitary Silicone DSSI within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Stainless steel | Anodised layer | Epoxy | Tiles | Glazed surfaces | Glass | H-PVC | Ceramics | Painted wood | Polyester
Joints in sinks and toilets | Expansion joints between floor and wall tiles | Joints around enamel and plastic showers and bath tubs | Connection joints between timber and tiles | Connection joints in the kitchen | Seal welds for display cabinets and glass blocks | Glazing wood and aluminium windows