The fischer DuoXpand FUS Frame Fixing’s clever combination of materials and design means it can adapt to all building materials, for universal use. Made from zinc plated steel, the hexagon head safety screw with moulded on washer means it is particularly ideal for fixing metal constructions to masonry. For example, concrete, brick and breeze block, including hollow blocks and perforated material.
The DuoXpand is also suitable to use on dot and dab walls, with anchor lengths from 80mm up to 230mm. For example, the 8x120mm will suit a dot and dab wall with a max. void of 25mm and max. plate thickness of 13mm. Its design means that it sits perfectly in plasterboard with no damage.
If you are fixing timber to masonry, we recommend the T version of the DuoXpand. This has a countersunk head screw.
The DuoPower is part of fischer’s DuoLine range of wall plugs. For more information on the complete range, please see our buying guide Why Choose the fischer DuoLine Wall Plug Range?.
fischer DuoXpand FUS Advantages
- The plug is made from nylon for strength, with a flexible red “lamella” that gently expands to suit the respective building material. This avoids fractures in porous building materials and enables anchoring close to the edge.
- Ribs on the nylon plug prevent rotation in the drill hole.
- The zinc plated steel hexagon head screw is pre-mounted, saving installation time.
fischer DuoXpand FUS Functioning
- The DuoXpand is suitable for push through installation.
- In solid building materials, the product design guarantees equal load distribution into the substrate.
- In perforated brickwork, the lamellas expand at the stone web and form an undercut in the cavity. The anchor geometry ensures that the force transfers evenly to the material. As a result, there is no destruction of the porous stone webs.
- Two anchorage depths of 50mm in concrete, solid and hollow bricks. 70mm in all building materials classes, from concrete to aerated concrete.
- Additional 140mm and 160mm anchorage depths in plug lengths 160mm and over. These depths enable secure anchoring in perforated building materials with large cavities.
The fischer DuoXpand FUS Frame Fixing has approval for:
Concrete ≥ C12/15 | Solid brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Solid block made from lightweight and normal weight concrete | Vertically perforated bricks | Perforated sand-lime brick | Hollow blocks made from lightweight concrete | Aerated concrete
Also suitable for:
Natural stone with dense structure | Solid gypsum panels
Facade, ceiling and roof substructures made of wood and metal | Windows | Gates and doors | Wardrobes | Kitchen hanging cabinets | Squared timbers | Beams | TV consoles | Wall covering | Metal brackets | Metal supports | Cable ducts | Cable trays