Our Heavy Duty Floating Shelf Brackets require you to recess the retaining plate in order to get a flush fitment to the wall. This can be done either by setting the plate into the wall or recessing it into the shelf. The Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket Routing Jig is suitable for the latter method.
We have designed this heavy duty shelf bracket routing jig to make the job much simpler and quicker if you are drilling your own shelves. It will ensure that you cut a perfectly sized pocket 130mm long by 25mm wide. Made from CNC cut, high quality melamine faced MDF and fitted with an aluminium guide fence.
Robust and hardwearing, this jig will see you through a lifetime’s worth of heavy duty shelf bracket installations.
Using the Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket Routing Jig
- Set the aluminium fence on the jig to centre it on the edge of your shelf.
- Use the alignment marks to position this correctly. Then tighten the fence screws to set up the jig for quick multiple cuts.
- Using quick clamps or similar, clamp the jig to the edge of your shelf. Use the alignment lines to centre it over the fixing position.
- Fit your router with a standard 30mm guide bush and a 12.7mm (1/2″) router bit. Then cut the recess to a depth of 10mm. Using this method will ensure that your cutout is the perfect size to suit our heavy duty shelf bracket retaining plate.
- Next you can proceed to drill the 14mm hole recommended for the concealed fixing barrel.
You can also view our demonstrative video by clicking the “Video” tab above.