GripIt Fixings are one of the most effective and secure fixings on the market today. They have unique, slim gripping wings, that with a simple twist, spread out to secure to the plasterboard. Available in varying sizes, the GripIt 20mm Plasterboard Fixing (Brown) is designed for heavy loads up to 93kg. For example, bathroom cabinets, radiators, heaters, speakers and lighting.
For even heavier loads, such as boilers and televisions with fixed brackets, we recommend the GripIt 25mm Plasterboard Fixing (Blue).
If the GripIt is too wide for your application, such as a slimline floating shelf, try the fischer DuoTec Plasterboard Toggle Fixing.
GripIt 20mm Plasterboard Fixing Advantages
- Easy to fit
- Removable and reusable fittings
- The design spreads the load over twice the diameter of the fixing. This therefore ensures the even distribution of any stresses over a wide area.
- GripIt 20mm Plasterboard Fixing (Brown) holds up to 93kg (safe static shear load).
- Comes with GripIt M6 x 30mm Fixing Bolts.
- The GripIt 20mm Plasterboard Fixing is suitable for use in 9.5 to 15mm thick plasterboard.
- Mark the location, drill the hole using a 20mm size flat drill bit and tap in the GripIt. Next, push in the insert with a screwdriver and a simple twist spreads the GripIt wings behind the board.
- Minimum spacing between GripIts (centres) is 50mm.
- If you encounter double thickness plasterboard or dot and dab adhesive, an undercutting tool accessory will create a recess for the wings to rotate into place.
If you are unsure what type of wall you have, check out our blog post what type of wall do I have? for some tips and advice on how to identify your wall type.