The fischer SX Plus Expansion Wall Plug is the new version of the original SX Expansion Wall Plug. fischer have re-designed this nylon wall plug to be a high quality replacement for the traditional plastic red, yellow and brown wall plugs.
The main difference of the SX Plus compared to the original is the addition of the fixing wings. The fixing wings lock the screw into place upon inserting the plug, stopping the screw from falling out. This hands free process is especially useful when fixing overhead applications, such as light fittings. Other new features include a new tip design. This helps the user to recognise when the screw is properly installed, preventing over-tightening.
Like its predecessor, the SX Plus offers four way expansion for optimum hold and a secure connection in solid and hollow building materials. For example, concrete, brick and natural stone.
fischer SX Plus Expansion Wall Plug Advantages
- The 4 way expansion provides optimum force distribution in the material. This offers high load-bearing capacities in both solid and hollow building materials.
- Special fixing wings hold the screw in place once the plug is inserted into the drill hole.
- Noticeable tightening torque means it is easy to identify when the screw is properly installed, reducing the risk of over-tightening.
- No expansion pressure on the plug neck whilst screwing in the screw. This helps to prevent damage to tiles and plaster.
- The pronounced rim of the plug stops it from slipping into the drill hole, thus allowing for a simple installation.
- Serrated edges prevent rotation in the drill hole.
fischer SX Plus Expansion Wall Plug Functioning
- The SX Plus is suitable for pre-positioned and push-through installation.
- When turning in the screw, the SX Plus expands in four directions. This provides a secure anchoring in the building material.
- When inserting the wall plug, the fixing wings fold inwards, locking the screw in place.
- Suitable for wood, chipboard and stud screws.
- The required screw length is given by: the plug length + fixture thickness + screw diameter.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer SX Plus Expansion Wall Plug within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Concrete | Solid brick | Vertically perforated brick | Solid stone of lightweight concrete | Hollow blocks of lightweight concrete | Perforated sand-lime brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Aerated concrete | Solid gypsum boards | Natural stone | Hollow brick and concrete ceilings
Lamps | Wardrobes | Motion detectors | Skirting boards | Light wall shelves | Mirror cabinets | Mailboxes | TV consoles | Trellis | Folding shutters | Fire detector