The fischer DuoSeal is the perfect sealing wall plug to use on tiles in wet areas, such as kitchens and bathrooms. It is also suitable for use in commercial areas, such as spas and swimming pools. Use it to secure mirrors, shelves and shower panels, for example. This nylon wall plug seals the drill hole without the need for any additional sealant or sealing compound.
The DuoSeal’s watertightness has been independently tried and tested. The summary report of this testing is available to view in the “Documents” tab above.
Stainless steel screws come as standard with the wall plugs as below.
- The DuoSeal 6 x 38mm comes with A2 panhead sealing screws 4.5 x 60mm
- The DuoSeal 8 x 48mm comes with A2 panhead sealing screws 6.0 x 70mm
The DuoSeal is part of fischer’s DuoLine range of wall plugs. For more information on the complete range, please see our buying guide Why Choose the fischer DuoLine Wall Plug Range?.
fischer DuoSeal Wall Plug Advantages
- The DuoSeal completely seals drill holes in tiles without additional sealing compound. Importantly, this prevents structural damage caused by moisture in the building material.
- The DuoSeal is suitable for tiled surfaces with exposure to very frequent splashing water and temporarily accumulated water.
- The red component ensures a secure hold in all building materials. Therefore, the DuoSeal achieves the same load values as conventional nylon plugs.
- The stainless steel screw included in the set is suitable for installation in wet areas and avoids rusting.
- The soft plastic rim closes the drill hole completely and flexibly adapts to the shape of the attachment part.
Fischer DuoSeal Wall Plug Functioning
- Firstly, the DuoSeal is only suitable for application on tiles and can only be mounted as pre-position installation. As a result, a suitable diamond or tile drill should be used for drilling the hole.
- Install the DuoSeal gently on tiles with just a few hammer blows. The rim of the shaft prevents the plug from setting too deep and additionally seals the drill hole.
- The red component made of high-quality nylon automatically activates the optimum function principle (spreading, folding, knotting) depending on the building material for best hold.
- The soft grey component presses against the drill hole wall when screwing in the screw and as a result, seals the drill hole completely.
- The grooves in the plug shaft compensate for unevenness in the hole. This guarantees the sealing function even if the drill hole is not perfect.
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer DuoSeal within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have, then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Concrete | Solid brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Light concrete (solid brick) | Light concrete (hollow brick) | Vertically perforated brick | Perforated sand-lime brick | Aerated concrete | Gypsum plasterboard | Gypsum fibreboard | Chipboard | Gypsum block
In tiled wet areas like:
Bathrooms | Kitchens | Spas | Swimming pools | Sports facilities | Laundry rooms
Accessories | Faucets | Shower panels | Mirrors | Shelves | Hair dryer holders | Kitchen accessories | Tubes