*Please note that this product is being discontinued by fischer once all stock has gone and the fischer SX Plus Expansion Wall Plug is its replacement.*
The fischer SX Expansion Wall Plug offers four way expansion for optimum hold and a secure connection in solid and hollow building materials. For example, concrete, brick and natural stone. Made from high quality nylon, the serrated edges prevent rotation in the drill hole. It also has a pronounced rim, which stops the plug slipping into the hole. Therefore installation is simple and quick.
fischer SX Expansion Wall Plug Advantages
- The 4-way expansion provides the optimum force distribution in the material. This offers high load-bearing capacities in solid and hollow building materials.
- No expansion pressure on the plug neck whilst screwing in the screw. This helps to prevent damage to tiles and plaster.
- The pronounced rim prevents the plug from slipping into the drill hole, thus allowing for a simple installation.
- The SX sizes 6×50, 8×65 and 10×80 have a greater anchorage depth. Therefore these plug sizes are especially suited to fixings in hollow building materials, aerated concrete and to bridge plaster.
fischer SX Expansion Wall Plug Functioning
- The SX is suitable for pre-positioned and push-through installation.
- When turning in the screw, the SX expands in four directions, thus providing a secure anchoring in the building material.
- The required screw length is given by: Plug length + fixture thickness + 1 x screw diameter.
- Suitable for wood, chipboard and spacing screws (fischer ASL).
Below are some examples of installation for the fischer SX Expansion Wall Plug within different wall types. If you are unsure of what type of wall you may have then please see our guide on What Type of Wall Do I Have?
Concrete | Vertically perforated brick | Hollow blocks made from lightweight concrete | Cavity floor slabs made from bricks and concrete | Perforated sand-lime brick | Solid sand-lime brick | Natural stone with dense structure | Aerated concrete | Solid panel made from gypsum | Solid brick made from lightweight concrete | Solid brick
Lighting | Wardrobes | Motion detectors | Skirting | Light shelves | Mirror cabinets | Letter boxes | TV consoles | Trellis | Folding shutters | Bath and toilet installations